Bombay Sapphire ‘Win a GinFest at CarFest’ Competition Terms and Conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”), and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
1. The promoter is Bacardi-Martini Limited, whose registered office is at 12 Francis Street, London, SW1P 1QN (“Promoter”).
2. The Promoter is responsible for all administrative aspects of the Promotion (including determination of winners, prize-giving, and technical support etc.)
3. For questions or comments, the Promoter can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Starting date: 12:00pm (UK time) on 23rd August 2023.
5. Closing date: 23:59pm (UK time) on 10th September 2023.
6. Any entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Promotion.
Who may enter
7. This Competition (“Promotion”) is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over.
8. The following may not enter or win a prize: (a) employees of Promoter or its agents and their first and second degree family members, (b) anyone else who is directly or indirectly professionally connected with the Promotion or the Promoter and their family members, and (c) employees of any company active in the alcoholic beverage sector (and their first and second degree family members).
How to enter
9. To take part in this Promotion entrants must complete the competition sign up form accessed via the QR code link printed on the Promotion, or URL
10. Entrants will need to do the following before the Closing Date:
- Fill out the sign-up form, inputting their first name, last name, email, date of birth and country.
- Click ‘Enter’ to submit the entry.
11. No purchase is necessary but entrants will need access to the internet in order to be able to enter the Promotion.
Limitations / restrictions on entry
12. Maximum of one entry per person.
13. Entrants are responsible for ensuring they will be able to accept the prize as set out below and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In the event a winner is unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to reward the prize to another eligible entrant using the method set out in the “Winner selection and notification” section below (and so on until a winner who is eligible and able to accept the prize is found).
14. Entries must not be made in bulk, or multiple entries in a single day or through agents or third parties.
15. Incomplete entries and entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified and will not be counted.
Winner selection and notification
16. One winner will be drawn at random (in the presence of an independent adjudicator) from all complete, correct and eligible entries received before the Closing Date.
17. The winner(s) will be notified by email within 14 days of the Closing Date and will need to respond to that notification within 7 days in order to confirm their acceptance of the prize. Reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner(s) during this time using the contact details provided at the time of entry. Entrants should ensure they check their spam/bulk/junk folders for notification. If a response from a winner is not received by the Promoter within 7 days of the notification being made, a winner may lose their chance to claim their prize. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be required in order to claim the prize.
18. Promoter’s decisions are final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The prize is a VIP gin experience for up to 6 people at Bombay Sapphire Distillery, Laverstoke Mill, Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28 7NR. To redeem the prize, the winner(s) will need to email email@example.com with their preferred date(s) which will be checked by the reservations team and will be subject to availability and Distillery standard opening dates and times. All other costs and expenses, including food and drink not included in the experience, travel insurance, transport to and from Bombay Sapphire Distillery and other additional costs that arise are the responsibility of the winner and their guest(s). All guests must be 18 years old or over. Once booked, the prize is also subject to the Bombay Sapphire Distillery Booking Terms & Conditions: https://www.bombaysapphire.com/distillery/terms-and-conditions/#terms-and-conditions
20. The prize must be booked and taken before 31st March 2024.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part thereof) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part thereof) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. Winners are not entitled to receive any unused portion or element of any prize.
22. Details of winner’s name and country will be available for one month after the Closing Date by writing to the Promoter at the contact details above and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
23. The Promoter accepts full liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently, or for any other losses that cannot be excluded at law. Otherwise, the following exclusions of liability will apply. References to the “Promoter” in this Liability section include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
24. The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
- any changes to the prize or the way in which they can be used;
- problems with the dispatch of prize such as a prize failing to reach the intended recipient; and
- the winner(s) being unable to redeem the prize within the redemption period outlined above;
25. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry or for entries lost, damaged, delayed or unreadable, including loss of entries through technical fault or transmission delays.
26. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry [or establishing multiple accounts in order to gain multiple entries where the number of entries is limited]) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
Personal details and publicity
28. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that if they are a prize winner they will grant the Promoter the free use of their name, country of residence, photographs, video and voice (“Image”) for advertising, publicity and news purposes in any media in perpetuity without additional remuneration. To this effect, a winner’s acceptance of a prize shall be deemed to be a confirmation of their agreement for the Promoter to use their Image and the Image of their guest(s), and the winner and their guest(s) shall sign any further documentation reasonably required by the Promoter in this regard. A winner and their guest(s) may also be asked to take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity in connection with the Promotion.
Promoter’s intellectual property
29. All intellectual property and database rights, in the Promoter’s Facebook page, the Promotion Application, and our materials published on them excluding so-called “user generated content” but including, without limitation, trademarks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials, look and feel and software (including code, interface and website structure) (“Materials”) are owned by the Promoter (or its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or partners).
30. The Materials are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world.
31. All such rights are reserved and it is strictly prohibited to remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any Materials.
32. By entering this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges that if they win, their surname and county of residence may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way, or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting the Promoter using the contact details at the beginning of these Terms and Conditions. In these circumstances, the entrant acknowledges that the Promoter may nevertheless disclose such information in full to the UK Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. To request disclosure of winner details, enquirers must submit a request by post to: Marketing Department, Bombay Sapphire Distillery, Laverstoke Mill, London Road, Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28 7NR by 31st October 2023. Details will only be disclosed to persons enquiring (if permitted by law) after all prizes have been validly claimed.
Promoter’s intellectual property
33. All intellectual property and database rights, in the Promoter’s website and in the Promotion print and our materials published on them, excluding so-called “user generated content” but including, without limitation, trademarks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials, look and feel and software (including code, interface and website structure) (“Materials”) are owned by the Promoter (or its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or partners).
34. The Materials are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world.
35. All such rights are reserved and it is strictly prohibited to remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any Materials.
English law applies
36. This Promotion, these Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them (including in relation to the prize(s)), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim, except that entrants resident in Scotland may also bring proceedings in the courts of Scotland and entrants resident in Northern Ireland may also bring proceedings in the courts of Northern Ireland.
37. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other document referred to in these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
38. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
39. Any website on which these Terms and Conditions are posted is only intended to be accessed from the UK and where permitted by law. The Promoter makes no representation that materials relating to this Promotion are appropriate or available for use at other locations. Access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited