Welcome to Tales of the Cocktail Foundation (“TOTCF”) Canvas Project presented by Bombay Sapphire. This is an opportunity for you to let your imagination and creativity shine. To register for the Canvas Project, you will need to submit a video, up to 90-seconds, in which you share your creative interests and passions. We want to get to know you! Give us a glimpse into your life, tell us about your creative passion and how you used that outlet during the pandemic.
Here’s what you need to know, step-by-step:
1. Applicants: The program is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the United States (except Utah) and Canada, (b) are at least twenty-five (25) years old when you submit your entry, (c) work in a bar or did work in a bar (d) do not hold an alcohol beverage license or own or operate a licensed account.
2. Exclusions: Individuals not eligible to enter are (a) full-time or part-time employees of TOTCF, (b) full-time or part-time employees of Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. (“Bacardi”), (c) full-time or part-time employees of any Bacardi affiliates, partners, or competitors, (d) full-time or part-time employees of New Team LLC (“Team Enterprises”), (e) owners or operators of a licensed account at the time of entry, or (f) immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of such individuals.
Stage 1: Online Entries
3. How to Register: Visit www.canvasprojectofficial.com (the “Website”) and follow the instructions on that page. You will be required to register and upload a video of up to 90-seconds that meet the requirements described below. The video will constitute your “Entry.” Entries must be received by July 26, 2021, and there is a limit of one (1) entry per person.
Video Requirements: Your video must meet the following requirements:
4. Selection Process: A representative from TOTCF will review each entry for its creativity and will select up to 20 participants.
5. Notification of Canvas Spotlight: TOTCF will notify all selected participants by August 3, 2021 and invite them to participate in the Creative Spotlight Event. Each selected participant may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, W9 form for tax purposes, and an authorization to conduct a background check. TOTCF reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify a selected bar participant if he/she does not sign the necessary forms within five (5) days of the date notification is sent. If the bar participant returns these documents on time, and in TOTCF’s sole discretion, passes the background check, he/she will be invited to participate in the Creative Spotlight events described below.
6. Each selected participant will receive (a) $500 USD local grant to support their creative outlet and to produce any items for the spotlight event (b) Gin & Tonic inspired cocktail bag, value of $75 and details on what you need for the event.
Stage 2: Creative Spotlight Events
7. Spotlight events: The events will take place on Monday evenings between August 23, 2021 and September 27, 2021. During the events, bar participants will showcase their unique creative outlet. That outlet will be on display for one night only.
The selected bar participants will be filmed during these spotlight events and both TOTCF and Bacardi may use the footage for promotional purposes.
Stage 3: Creative Grants
8. Creative Grants: Up to twenty (20) participants will be notified by October 4, 2021 and will receive and additional grant of $1,500 USD from TOTCF. As part of the grant, the selected participants will help take their Creative Outlet to the next level. As part of the process, the participants may be required to participate in (a) promotional events; and (b) press interviews. If travel is required to participate in any event, Tales of the Cocktail Foundation will provide coach-class airfare and accommodations. The schedule will be dictated by TOTCF with consideration for the bartender’s availability.
9. Media Exposure: Up to twenty (20) selected participants will be featured in PUNCH editorial articles on social media.
10. Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By participating in this program, you indicate your unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, the TOTCF Code of Conduct, and TOTCF’s decisions, which are final and binding. Moreover, by participating, you represent that you are complying with any policies your employer may have regarding participation in program of this nature. You cannot receive a grant unless you comply with all requirements set forth herein. TOTCF reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the Website.
11. Background Check: TOTCF reserves the right (at any point and in its sole discretion) to disqualify any individual if, based on the results of the background check – or on an individual’s other actions or statements – TOTCF concludes that the individual will not be a good representative for the BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® brand. Any actions of the participant outside of the accordance of the TOTCF Code of Conduct will result in disqualification from the program. This includes online behavior or inappropriate conduct on social media.
12. Rights to Entries: By entering, you irrevocably: (a) grant TOTCF, Bacardi, Team Enterprises, PUNCH, an imprint of Ten Speed Press, a division of Penguin Random House LLC (“Punch”) and each of their agents, licensees, and assigns (collectively, the “Rights Holders”) the unconditional and non-exclusive right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party in perpetuity.; (b) waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Rights Holders’ use of your Entry, as outlined above, or require any further permission for the Rights Holders to use the Entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Rights Holders on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
13. Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the program, you agree that the Rights Holders and any media attending events related to the program may use your name, likeness, voice, opinions, photographs, your video submission, event related audio-visual footage, recipe, biographical information, state of residence, and/or any other record of your participation in the program for promotional purposes in any press releases, advertisements, television, radio, film, documentary, internet, social media, or in any other publication or media without further payment or consideration and to license the right to use such intellectual property to others. You may be required to sign additional releases regarding publicity.
14. Grant Details: Participant is responsible for paying any taxes, including income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed in the Official Rules. You may be required to provide a Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by TOTCF, in its sole discretion. A grant may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, TOTCF reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by TOTCF, in its sole discretion. If the program is canceled, no grants may be awarded.
15. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the program is impaired in any way, TOTCF may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) cancel or suspend the program to address the impairment and then resume the program; or (b) award the prizes according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. TOTCF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the program, violates these Official Rules, or the TOTCF Code of Conduct, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. TOTCF’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to TOTCF by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by TOTCF. The program is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Utah and where prohibited. You agree that, while participating in the contest and in your private life, you will not commit an offense involving moral turpitude or engage in activities that may create public scandal, disrepute, widespread contempt, public ridicule, to harass, embarrass, offend, insult or denigrate individuals or groups, or damage the person or property of others, that you will treat all other participants and mentors and related program personnel with respect and that you will drink responsibly. Creative grants will be taxable to contestants and you should expect to receive a Form 1099.
16. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the program, you hereby release and hold harmless TOTCF, Bacardi, Team Enterprises, PUNCH, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the program or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the program; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the program or the processing of Entries; (f) injury or damage to yourself and your property and/or (g) injury or damage you cause to other persons or property. You further agree to defend, indemnify, release, and hold the Released Parties harmless from any claims related to your participation including damage to other persons and property and from any claims that their use of your Entry (as contemplated in these Rules) violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
17. Disputes: All disputes arising out of or related to these rules, the program or any other matter shall be resolved through binding arbitration filed and heard in New Orleans, Louisiana pursuant to American Arbitration Association Rules using a single arbitrator. Each contestant waives any rights to challenge this forum and venue or the application of Louisiana law. Should this arbitration agreement be held non-enforceable or in order to enforce an arbitration award, each contestant irrevocably submits and consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Orleans Parish, Louisiana and waives and objection that such forum is inconvenient. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of TOTCF in connection with the program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Louisiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Louisiana or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Louisiana. Each contestant agrees that any claim or dispute related to the program shall be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, collective or representative action or as a named or unnamed member in a class, collective, consolidated or private attorney general action.
18. Sponsor: The program is brought to you by Tales of the Cocktail Foundation, 201 St. Charles Avenue, Suite 117-409, New Orleans, LA 70170.