UNITS OF ALCOHOL 2.15
ALCOHOL VOLUME 12.30%
COCKTAIL FLAVOUR PROFILE
- 50ml Bombay Sapphire
- 10ml Manzanilla dry sherry
- 1x lime wedge – freshly squeezed
- 1x lemon wedge – freshly squeezed
- 75ml good quality tomato juice
- 4x good dashes Lea and Perrins Worcester sauce
- 4x dashes Tabasco red pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
- ¼ tea spoon Colman’s English Mustard
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch Malden smoked sea salt
- 5 grinds of Grains of Paradise (can be replaced with your favourite pepper variant)
- 5 grinds of Cubeb Berries (can be replaced with black pepper)
- 1x short squeeze of Heinz Tomato Ketchup
Glassware & Barware
- Serrated knife & chopping board
- Long twisted bar spoon
- Measuring device
- Cocktail shaker & Hawthorne strainer
Make a pre-mix of the spicy ingredients as described in Sam’s Top Tips.
Add 15mls (more or less dependent on personal taste) of this spicy mix along with all the other ingredients into one end of a cocktail shaker.
Stir with a bar spoon. Add cubed ice.
Place a Hawthorne strainer to the top of the shaker. Strain the liquid into the other end of the empty cocktail shaker from a height that you are comfortable with.
Pour liquid back into the original shaker then repeat the process 4 or more times until the cocktail is perfectly chilled.
Finally, strain the cocktail into a Copa de Balon or large Burgundy red wine glass filled with fresh cubed ice.
Garnish with a large lemon peel twist spritzed over the top of the cocktail and placed in or a lemon wedge.
Bartender top tips
If you are feeling like taking a day off the ‘sauce’, why not try this cocktail but as an ABV Free drink… Usually known as a Virgin Mary, we often refer to it as a Bloody Shame! Just omit the alcoholic ingredients and proceed making as for a Bombay Mary. Also, as there are admittedly a lot of ingredients in this cocktail, you can always make a ‘pre-mix’ of all the spicy ingredients by multiplying all the amounts by say x20, mix them all together and pour into a sterilized bottle and keep in the fridge until you next fancy a cocktail. When you do, add 15mls of the pre-mix to the gin, sherry, citrus wedges, tomato juice and ice.