DIGITAL COMPETITION: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”), and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this prize promotion (“Promotion”).
1. The promoter is Bacardi-Martini Limited, whose registered office is at 2 Royal Court, Kings Worthy, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 7TW (“Promoter”).
2. The Promoter is responsible for all administrative aspects of the Promotion (including determination of winners, prize-giving, and technical support etc.), with the assistance of SPIKA Limited, Belle House, 1 Hudsons Place, London, SW1V 1JT and Mesh Marketing London, 12-16 Laystall Street, London, EC1R 4PF
3. For questions or comments, the Promoter can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Starting date: 7:00 (UK time) on Wednesday 13th July 2022.
2. Closing date: 23:59 (UK time) on Wednesday 24th August 2022.
3. Any entries received before the Starting Date or after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Promotion.
Who may enter
1. This Promotion is open to residents of United Kingdom aged 18 or over.
2. The following may not enter or win a prize: (a) employees of the Promoter or its agents and their first and second degree family members, (b) anyone else who is directly or indirectly professionally connected with the Promotion or the Promoter and their family members, and (c) employees of any company active in the alcoholic beverage sector and their first and second degree family members.
How to enter
To take part in this Promotion, Entrants will need to do the following before the Closing Date:
a. Purchase a bottle of Bombay Premier Cru from a participating Waitrose store with a competition neck collar
b. Enter the prize giveaway via the scannable QR code on the neck collar.
No purchase is necessary, but all entrants will need access to the internet and a device enabled to scan a QR code in order to be able to enter the Promotion. All entrants must be 18+ of age.
Limitations / restrictions on entry
1. Maximum of one entry per person over the age of 18.
2. Entrants are responsible for ensuring they will be able to accept the prize as set out below and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In the event a winner is unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another eligible entrant using the method set out in the “Winner selection and notification” section below and so on until a winner who is eligible and able to accept the prize is found.
3. Entries must not be made in bulk, e.g. multiple entries in a single day or through agents or third parties. Where the same email address or shipping address has been used to claim multiple prizes, only one prize will be delivered.
4. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify incomplete entries and entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to vary, suspend or cancel this Promotion and/or these Terms and Conditions if it considers it necessary or appropriate to do so, including if there is any actual or anticipated breach of applicable law or if variation, suspension or cancellation is necessary due to an event outside the Promoter’s reasonable control. In the event of cancellation, the prize(s) may be awarded to winners drawn from entries received prior to cancellation.
6. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the content or legitimate operation of this Promotion is prohibited and may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and in these circumstances the Promoter reserves all its rights and remedies.
Winner selection and notification
1. 1 top tier prize winner will be drawn at random in the presence of an independent adjudicator from all complete and eligible entries received before the Closing Date.
2. The top tier prize winner will be notified by email by the Promoter during week commencing Monday 5th September 2022, after the Closing Date, and will need to respond to that notification by 23:59 on 11th September in order to confirm their acceptance of the prize. Reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during this time using the contact details provided at the time of entry. If a response from the winner is not received by the Promoter within this window of the notification, the entrant will lose their chance to claim their prize. Proof of age, identity and eligibility will be required in order to claim the prize. Entrants must have a valid passport with 12 months remaining and be able to comply with any entry requirements for entering Spain.
3. In addition, 126 second tier prize winners will be randomly selected from the remaining entrants to instantly win from all complete and eligible entries received during the period of the competition.
4. The second tier prize winners will be notified immediately by email and will be required to provide their contact details on the form provided within 24 hours of receiving the form in order to confirm their acceptance of the prize.
5. The Promoter’s decisions are final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. There is 1 Top Tier Prize and 126 Second-Tier Prizes. The Top Tier prize includes: return flights from London to Alicante for two people over the age of 18, return transfers from the airport to the hotel in Murcia, 2 nights 4* hotel stay sharing a twin/double room and including breakfast, comprehensive travel insurance including Covid cover* ABTA or ATOL Protection, a Michelin star dinner for two, a guided city tour for two including Tapas. The Second-Tier Prizes are: 1 gift box containing 1 bottle of Bombay Premier Cru 70cl, 1 bottle of champagne 75cl, 1 bar spoon, 1 jigger, 1 recipe book.
2. There is no cash alternative to any of the prizes or any part thereof and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable. Winners are not entitled to receive any unused portion or element of any prize.
3. Winners and the companion of the winner of the Top Tier Prize must be 18+.
4. The winner of the Top Tier Prize will be required to submit the name of the additional 1 individual accompanying them by 23:59 on 12th September 2022.
1. The Promoter accepts full liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently, or for any other losses that cannot be excluded at law. Otherwise, the following exclusions of liability will apply. References to the “Promoter” in this Liability section include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
2. The Promoter will not be responsible for and will have no liability in connection with the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
i. any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
ii. any changes to the prize or the way in which they can be used;
iii. problems with the dispatch of prize (such as a prize failing to reach the intended recipient); and
iv. any act or default of any third party supplier.
3. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry or for entries lost, damaged, delayed or unreadable, including loss of entries through technical fault or transmission delays.
4. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind including, without limitation, manipulating the Promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry, or establishing multiple accounts in order to gain multiple entries where the number of entries is limited, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
Personal details and publicity
2. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that if they are a prize winner they will grant the Promoter the free use of their name, country of residence, photographs, video and voice (“Image”) for advertising, publicity and news purposes in any media in perpetuity without additional remuneration. To this effect, a winners’ acceptance of a prize shall be deemed to be a confirmation of their agreement for the Promoter to use their Image and the winner shall sign any further documentation reasonably required by the Promoter in this regard. A winner may also be asked to take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity in connection with the Promotion.
3. By entering this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges that if they win, their surname and county of residence may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way, or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting the Promoter using the contact details at the beginning of these Terms and Conditions. In these circumstances, the entrant acknowledges that the Promoter may nevertheless disclose such information in full to the UK Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. To request disclosure of winner details, enquirers must submit a request by email to email@example.com by 24.12.2022. Details will only be disclosed to persons enquiring (if permitted by law) after all prizes have been validly claimed.
Promoter’s intellectual property
1. All intellectual property and database rights, in the Promoter’s Facebook and Instagram pages, the Promotion Application and our materials published on them excluding so-called “user generated content” but including, without limitation, trademarks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials, look and feel and software including code, interface and website structure “Materials” are owned by the Promoter or its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or partners.
2. The Materials are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world.
3. All such rights are reserved and it is strictly prohibited to remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any Materials.
English law applies
This Promotion, these Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them (including in relation to the prize, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim, except that entrants resident in Scotland may also bring proceedings in the courts of Scotland.
1. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other document referred to in these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
2. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
3. Any website on which these Terms and Conditions are posted is only intended to be accessed from the UK/Great Britain and where permitted by law. The Promoter makes no representation that materials relating to this Promotion are appropriate or available for use at other locations. Access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited.
We remind prize winners to sip responsibly.